What is Scorecher?
At any given time in the world, where there is open space and a ball, you will find people playing the world’s game…football!
We want to disrupt grassroots football, by enabling anybody, anywhere in the world, to have access to Premier League quality coaching and lifestyle support in areas such as diet and nutrition, sports psychology and fitness.
Who will be able to access Scorecher?
Irrespective of who you are, who you support and where you are, you will have affordable access to Scorecher.
Why should I use Scorecher?
Professional footballers are amongst the most finely tuned athletes on the planet, so having access to their secrets in areas such as coaching, fitness, diet, sports psychology is likely to have a profoundly positive effect on your life.
How can Scorecher help to improve my health and fitness?
Scorecher isn’t just about developing football talent, it is about health and well-being.
Being fit and healthy has many benefits, such as: helping you to perform better at school or in work, it can making you happier and improving moods, reducing your risk of illness, improving your energy levels, helping you to sleep better and it is fun!
We understand that access to coaching, fitness training and delivering health and well-being techniques, using football as a vehicle, is powerful. It can change lives.
Here are some statistics from the WHO that has motivated us to create Scorcher:
- Insufficient physical activity is a key risk factor for noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer and diabetes.
- Physical activity has significant health benefits and contributes to prevent NCDs.
- More than 80% of the world’s adolescent population is insufficiently physically active.
Advice from the WHO includes:
- Children and adolescents aged 5 to 17 years old, should do at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity daily.
- Physical activity of amounts greater than 60 minutes daily will provide additional health benefits.
- Adults aged 18+ should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity throughout the week, or do at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activity throughout the week, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity activity.
Scorcher aims to help combat these issues by offering an easy and enjoyable way to get fit and healthy and to monitor progress. We want to help the world play football to a higher standard and get fitter doing so!
What will Scorecher offer me to be able to improve my football skills and health and fitness?
Football experts provide video content to allow people to train, play and coach like an elite footballer via Scorecher, giving budding athletes an insight into the training techniques and lifestyle advice professional footballers follow.
Members have the capability to access all of this, plus they have their own e-portfolio to share their successes, and they can compete against themselves and against others via the Performance Room!
Who knows? Scorecher could help discover the next Bale or Marta…it might even be you!
What features will Scorecher have?
- Interactive coaching sessions (recorded and live) from FIFA-qualified coaches.
- Assessments and downloads to help you to improve your skills, health and fitness.
- Health and fitness coaching to help you to enjoy a healthier life and to play to your maximum potential.
- Use your own ‘My Profile’ area to monitor your progress, using our easy to use member dashboard. We will also create a coach/manager/teacher dashboard so that your team can develop together.
- Upload your own videos, photographs and documents to show your progress in your own ‘soccerfolio’. Share with family and friends; perhaps you will be spotted by scouts and agents.
- The Performance Room takes a gamified approach to football training, awarding players points for their skills, fitness and lifestyle. enter international, national team or bespoke leagues that you create yourself. Win rewards and gain certificates for your successes.
- The opportunity to challenge others from around the world to a ‘play off’. This is where you or your team can challenge other Scorecher players to a three part challenge. You agree the challenges, ‘play off’ live and then claim the points to improve your league table position.
- Scorecher Live offers a platform for live coaching, guest speakers, demonstrations and seminars, delivered by experts; and performance analysis, which can be recorded in HD audio and video.
Who is in the Scorecher team?
- Premier League legends, such as: Emile Heskey, Lee Sharpe, David May, Neville Southall, Peter Reid, John Hartson, Matt Elliott and ladies football star, Natasha Harding.
- Top people from the world of business, commerce, sport, health and fitness.
- FIFA-Qualified football coaches and health and fitness coaches.
- Professional Football Club Development Teams and Scholarship Programmes.
- Most importantly, you, the Fans!
Why are you offering experiences and gifts?
We want to produce the very highest quality experience for all of our Scorcher members.
Importantly, we want to deliver affordable access for everyone. We need your support. Please help us to have a successful campaign by buying one of the experiences or gifts at the side of our campaign page. Please enjoy scrolling down to find a perk or perks to suit you.
With your support and money, we will develop the platform, the content and help people get fitter, healthier and become better footballers through accessing Scorecher. We are prepared to give free access to some people and communities and donate 1% of all money we make from Scorecher to communities in need of support, via football
What other ways can I get involved?
There are a number of ways that you can help join Team Scorecher and our vision, to bring Scorecher to every corner of the planet and make it accessible to everyone:
- Buy one of our amazing experiences and gifts! You will find something to suit all pockets. We have everything from the sublime to the amazing!
- Tell your family, friends and colleagues about us. Invite them to take a look at the Scorecher INDIEGOGO page.
- You’ll find us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram. We’d love to hear from you; show us your skills and how you play the Beautiful game.
- Send videos of you performing football tricks to win free prizes, awarded at the end of the campaign.
What if I want to invest in Scorecher for equity?
We are happy to talk to potential investors in this amazing project. Please visit the contact page and mark your message for the attention of Danny Moss, including your contact details. We will then arrange to meet you to discuss Scorecher.
What do I do if I live in a different country to the UK and want to be a partner?
We have partners on several continents, to help us share Scorecher with the global football community. Please visit the contact page and mark your message for the attention of Danny Moss, including your contact details. We will then arrange to meet you to discuss Scorecher.
What happens next?
We are working on a prototype of Scorecher and legends of the Premier League and Fifa qualified coaches are on board and designing coaching programmes and interactive health and well-being content. Scorecher has been designed in part by some of the legends of the game, players who played (and managed) at the very highest level, for their club and country. They are helping to design coaching programmes based on their experience of training with some legendary managers and coaches, to FIFA pro standards. They are still active in the game through media, youth training and in development programmes around the world.
Our developers will produce a unique, world class platform, that is easy to use yet retains a sophisticated and powerful engine to help people get the best out of Scorcher. Using responsive HTML5, Scorecher is easily and effectively accessible using mobile technology. Ideal for using out on the pitch!